Why SIP on an Android phone?
Concerning the negative side:
Android smartphones connect to the Internet through wireless 3G and 4G networks or WiFi. But the wireless Internet reduces the quality of the conversation – you will have to ask the client again, look for a place where the connection is better and repeatedly call back.
A mobile phone and a SIP client are used when an employee talks to a client outside the office, where there is no wired Internet, IP phones, and headsets.
Then the advantages of automatic telephone exchange will remain:
- The record of the conversation will be saved for later monitoring;
- The conversation will move to CRM to keep the history of working with the client;
- The incoming call will not be lost and will not go to another manager;
- If necessary, the conversation can be manually transferred to another employee.
- It’s useful SIP on Android and for a free call to colleagues from roaming, connect WiFi in a cafe or hotel and call the internal number.
Why use the built-in client?
Observations show that in 9 out of 10 cases, a soft phone is used in three ways: to take a call, to call, to translate. This is done by all SIP clients, if you do not have special requirements – choose any. The built-in client has several advantages over the installed applications:
- It cannot be installed separately – it is present in the default settings of the manufacturer in Android starting 4.
- It is universal – it supports the maximum number of connection options, it works with online PBX.
- It is integrated into the smartphone: it is called from the standard dialer, allows for connection to the network, it is configured in the same place as other telephone functions.
- Works with phone contacts – shows a picture, can be called from a contact book, looks like a regular call.
- Easily configurable – only three fields need to be filled.
Knowing login, password, and SIP-domain, the softphone in Android is configured in a minute. Parameters take from the PBX.
How to set up a SIP client for Android
Let’s see how to implement mobile VoIP connect. Go to Settings → Calls. Depending on the OS version, the path may vary, as well as your phone may be different. In Samsung Galaxy: Settings → My device → Call.
Find the Internet call settings below and open Accounts. Click Add account and fill in three fields one after another: Login, Password, and Server (this is your SIP domain). Open the menu of the current page and select Save. That’s all, the setup is complete.
How to use SIP client at Android
Before using SIP on an Android smartphone, select the outgoing call mode. Return to Call settings and press Use Internet calls.
- For all calls, if the mobile network is available. Select this option to call via SIP if your smartphone is connected to the Internet.
- Only for Internet calls. Use for automatic Internet calls to SIP addresses (SIP URI), looks like email: [email protected]
- Request for each call option will ask you each time you are making a call which way to choose.
Try to call yourself: you will see a normal call with an Internet call icon in the upper right corner. Instead of the number, the SIP address is indicated, if it is not written to the contacts – the name is determined from the PBX. Try to call from mobile to the additional: enter three or four digits, click Call and select the type of call. For the other phone numbers use the same way to make a call.
Note: the account cannot be used simultaneously in different SIP clients. This will lead to conflicts and part of the incoming will be lost.
Plugin and CRM
In Android, there is a full-fledged SIP client. One can setup making calls from CRM and using any phone.